Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sound Wars : A New Hope

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away... Nah, not really...

I am not sure if I bitched about throwing my Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1 away when Vista launched. It was sad that DirectX did not support sound acceleration. However, its even more sad that this good card did not have Vista driver and Hercules did seems like to go out of the sound card market then.

However, the card laying around for some time, probably 2 years, I finally manage to sell it off on ebay. While I was packing it to be shipped off, I thought I might as well do some extra services for the buyer by downloading the latest (last) driver for him. Little did I know that I was in for a surprise.

The last dated driver was in 2003. But I saw a new entry now. In 2007, they actually released Vista driver for this? What do you know? There is hope for this card in Vista 32 anyway... I had since some time moved on to Vista 64 and this would had been throw out again.

In any case, releasing a driver 4 years after the product was something I truly say I had not seen. Maybe thats the premium about owning a Hercules card. anyway, lucky buyer who bought from me.

Grab the driver update at:
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=23&pid=18&cid=1

No comments:

Amazon Gift Cards!

Thanks for viewing!

Copyright © 2008 nemesisv.blogspot.com, All rights reserved.