Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

怪 Ayakashi

Finally got a chance to catch the 11 episodes of Ayakashi which was produced in 2006. This is another excellent anime especially if you are into culture Japanese horror. The series is mostly based on the Edo period with 3 stories : Yotsuya Kaidan, Tenshu Monogatari and Bakeneko.

I have seen and heard of the first story many times, but I did not know that it was a cursed play... Scary. Of the other 2, I like Tenshu Monogatari more because of the character design as well as the touching stories of how a goddess would give up her immortality for the love of a human.

The 2 theme songs are fantastic. I like the end song Haru no Katami (Memento of Spring) by Chitose Hajime better which is pretty touching if you understand the lyrics. The starting song, Heat Island gives me a whole new definition of Japanese rap which I used to think was nothing...

Official Site :
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/ayakashi/

Please do not confuse this with another H Game of the same name, which I say is pretty cool as well :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMJKEmZ4vF4

No comments:

Amazon Gift Cards!

Thanks for viewing!

Copyright © 2008 nemesisv.blogspot.com, All rights reserved.