Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2005

Nero Scout Found My CPU Cycle

The latest version of Nero 7 has a rather strange feature know as Nero Scout. It seems to be like MS Search, but for media only. If you want to find out more about it, I suggest you search it yourself, since I am about to tell you to remove it anyway here.

So why am I so against it? It this a rootkit? Well, I wont know, but it is a sure hell of a CPU sucker. It has taken up 46% of my CPU while my other application is fighting for their own survival.

You can click on My Computer. And then you see the strange icon there. Right click on it and uncheck enable. Cool, you disabled it.

The cool part is that you absolutely did NOTHING. Yes, open your Task Manager and you can see the 3 NM* services are still running. They are NMFirstStart.exe, NMBgMonitor.exe and NMIndexStoreSvr.exe. So, they had provided either a buggy disable function or they had intented it to be so. Like SONY. :(

Ok, now, all you have to do is :

regsvr32 /u "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

Make sure you have admin rights though.

No comments:

Amazon Gift Cards!

Thanks for viewing!

Copyright © 2008 nemesisv.blogspot.com, All rights reserved.