Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Groupon Treat at Paradise Dynasty

We were pretty into Groupon recently buying coupons and savings on them (or rather spending more, but less.. how ironic...). Actually, so far it has been a great experience, until I used one at Paradise Dynasty:
http://www.paradisegroup.com.sg/dynasty/

Let me quote from the groupon:
http://www.groupon.sg/deals/singapore/-790-for-any-basket-of-10-xiao-long-baos-at-paradise-dynasty--worth-up-to--1980-/715831155

  • Enjoy a basket of 10 same-flavored Xiao Long Baos or try the Signature Dynasty Dumplings (8 in a basket)
  • 8 first-of-its-kind unique flavors: Original, Ginseng, Foie Gras, Black Truffle, Cheese, Crab Roe, Garlic, Sze Chuan
  • Comfortable, luxurious restaurant setting
  • Experienced chefs
  • Perfect with friends and family


Sound perfect. But guess what? You have to take 10 pieces of the SAME favor or 8 pieces of the pre-mixed combination! Gotcha there! Ya, I did not expected that, but then, it was probably ok, so we chose 2 favors and used 2 groupons. But of course you know thats not the best part. From the look of the groupons, there isn't anything about charges, but we ended up having to pay about $10 for something. Thats what I call a con-job. The bill was pretty confusing listing the original price, then the groupon price, then some stuff here and there and its about $10 for two in the end. That totally sucks. I recalled that I had used vouchers from Citi-Bank, Maybank etc which I walked in and eat and walk out without paying a cent at other places. Why should I be charged for something which should be covered by the groupon?

To make things worse, this was actually the second time I went to this restaurant at ION because they said the groupon cannot be used during EVE of holiday as well! Well, my bad for not reading the fineprint, but it totally rubbed salt onto the wound.

I won't be going back to this place for anymore food, thats for sure. BTW, the xiao long bao sucks. At $2/piece, its only marginally better than those from Ho Kee...

No comments:

Amazon Gift Cards!

Thanks for viewing!

Copyright © 2008 nemesisv.blogspot.com, All rights reserved.