Search This Blog

Sunday, May 08, 2011

AMD Catalyst 11.4 installation failed. ATI Display Driver could not be installed.

Yes, it looks like AMD had fucked up again with the release. Even though they had taken a long time to release their drivers, they still did not get it right, at least for me. The ATI Display driver had failed to installed for my HD 6950. I had tried to removed all drivers, reinstalled etc yet nothing works. I am about to give up and roll back to 11.3 when I thought there might had been a hotfix. For AMD, there are usually some hotfix because some card just could not install the driver here and then. And I was right.

Download the Catalyst 11.4c hotfix here:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst114cHotfix.aspx

Despite the descriptions saying that it remove some flickering in some games as below:
Resolves intermittent flickering issues seen in the following applications in a system using an AMD Radeon™ HD 6600 series graphics card with DDR3 memory and running in DirectX® 9 mode:
  • Civilization 5
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Fallout 3
  • Mafia 2
  • NBA 2K10
  • ShenGuiChuanQi
  • Starcraft 2
  • Warcraft III
  • World of Warcraft
I found that the driver somehow works for me this time. Thank goodness I did not need to roll back my drivers. I hope AMD gets it right in 11.5.

No comments:

Amazon Gift Cards!

Thanks for viewing!

Copyright © 2008 nemesisv.blogspot.com, All rights reserved.