Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Windows Search or Menu missing or not doing anything


Ever lost your favorite Windows 10 (or lower) search or the menu bar, and keep pressing it doesn't give you anything at all? Well I had this issue and I found a solution.

Before you proceed, run "services.msc" under admin command prompt (Use Task Manager, File > Run, Check Admin) and ensure that "Windows Search" is running. Some tools believe this services should be stopped and I can tell you its not worth the problem you get from doing so.

If that doesn't fix it, open Powershell under admin with the similar method above for services.msc.
Copy and paste this line in:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

What this does is that it fixes some of the App Packages and for me it works. 
I hope it does for you too!

Let me know in your comments.

No comments:

Amazon Gift Cards!

Thanks for viewing!

Copyright © 2008 nemesisv.blogspot.com, All rights reserved.