Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Buying a 70/75-300mm Lens Canon vs Tamron vs Sigma

I was shopping for a 70-300 or 75-300mm lens for my Canon EOS 400D. In the end, there was only 3 good choices :



1. Canon ORIGINAL EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III












http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=150&modelid=7445



2. Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG MACRO



















http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3303&navigator=3



3. Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

















http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/70300_di_a017.asp


At first, from the review, I neve thought of buying an original Canon because I was always thinking of the USM which cost like $2000+. Then I was introduced to the normal non-USM lens from canon which roughly is $300+-.


My research from the web has given me 2 choices, Tamron and Sigma. Tamron being $100 cheaper. Its of course rated value for money. Now, you will never believe how I choose the lens. Besides than the negative remark I saw and hear about Tamron not performing at 250mm beyond, I rely on feeling and where it was made.

Sigma - Japan. Cool.
Tamron - China. My friend in USA has warned me about China lens. OK, out of the question.
Canon - Malaysia. Err... Better than China, but its nothing compared to the Japan made ones.

In addition, the canon does not have Macro (which is good for me at this stage since I do not have a macro lens yet). So the choice was simple for me. Sigma is the winner.


I will be collecting it tomorrow. I am so sorry I still have no time to post my photos. I will up them tomorrow before I leave for another short trip to Malaysia this weekend.

No comments:

Amazon Gift Cards!

Thanks for viewing!

Copyright © 2008 nemesisv.blogspot.com, All rights reserved.