Search This Blog

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Scarborough Fair

I remember Sarah Brightman's version of this song... But thats about all I know of this song.
I happened to hear it again a few days ago while watching Futurama S3 and even in the 30th century, the hibbies still are singing it, well, with some robotics remix in it, but still the same song.

It has brought up enough interest in me to dig up my DVDs of both Sarah's concert and listen to the wonderful song again. Then after a few repitition... I started to surf for information on the song because honestly, I really did not understand much about why the singer is asking the man she love to do all these impossible tasks.

Then to my realization, this song was not written by modern days writers... Its date back all the way to Dark Age... And because it was carried by the bards of those days from town to town, there are many version of it around. Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme turns out to be flowers which carries a different meanings then. The meaning of the songs are clearer, especially after some explaination from these sites :

http://www.geocities.com/paris/villa/3895/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarborough_Fair

Its a great song to enjoy under the pale moonlight in solitude.

No comments:

Amazon Gift Cards!

Thanks for viewing!

Copyright © 2008 nemesisv.blogspot.com, All rights reserved.