Search This Blog

Friday, March 05, 2010

Western Digital RMA HDD Gone Bad

It's probably me, but a stroke of bad luck had hit a refurbished HDD which I had gotten back from Western Digital. The 2TB HDD had grown 289 bad sectors in just within 14 days. I wondered if they actually QA this HDD. From my experience with Seagate, at least Seagate had gone through with their SeaTool to get it Seagate Repaired Certified prior to sending the HDD back to customer. I just hope WD doesn't keep this up because this is like the 2nd HDD I had RMA in the past month which had errors and I need to actually RMA one of them twice in a row.

Anyway, here is how Hard Disk Sential found and show me the bad sectors:

No comments:

Amazon Gift Cards!

Thanks for viewing!

Copyright © 2008 nemesisv.blogspot.com, All rights reserved.