Firstly, before you go ahead, check your system firmware. It has to be 3.55 or below. Currently, there is no publicly known way to downgrade from 3.56 onwards. Well, if you do have 3.41, you may want to consider sticking to it, but many games are coming out that soon require at least 3.5... So its only sooner or later you will be forced to do so.
I had chosen KMEAW's 3.55 CFW here. There is also a recently released call Varaques which enable you to reinstall your Linux back into the box. However, since it has 3.66 spoof installed, which in my opinion is not stable, I will not recommend it here. Of course, if PSN is a must for you, consider PS3ita's 3.55. They have a working spoof that enable the backdoor into PSN.
Right. So as before, I had packaged all the files into nice bundles for you. Just grab all the below files and I will explain as you are downloading...
3.55 KMEAW CFW
- 3.55 OFW is the original firmware. The most stable way to upgrade is to go into the original firmware first.Just pack it into you thumbdrive root. The directories are prepared for you.
- OK, after flashign in 3.55 OFW, you will need to boot your PS3 into debug mode. To do so, shutdown your PS3 first. Hold on to your power button. And I mean it hold on. You should hear "beep" then another "beep" and it shut down.
- Continue to hold on, do not let go. PS3 will boot up and then it will "beep" then "beep beep". At "beep beep", release the button. Don't worry, if you missed it, it will just "beep" one more time and shutdown. You need to repeat step 3.
- You will be prompt to connect your controller and press the Playstation button on the controller.
- You should see a very different menu which has about 8 options, the last one is to flash the update. Make sure you have your 3.55 KMEAW CFW onto another thumbdrive (or same, but it should overwrite your OFW. I just think its not so complicated to use 2 thumbdrives). Plug the thumdrive in and choose the option to update firmware. This will take another round which is similar to the OFW update.
- After reboot, you should be in 3.55 CFW. Now its time to roll in some ultilities.
PS3 Utilities Pack
First of all, I had chosen the basic stuff that you will need. There are many many others out there, you may want to explore and find then yourself. Unpack the files into the root of your thumbdrive and insert it into your PS3. Go to Games, install package and select them accordingly.
- multiMAN ver 02.02.00 (20110709-200500).pkg - MultiMan v2.02 for managing/launching your games
- BDEMU-355.pkg - BD-ROM Emulator
- LAST_GAME_355 - Mounts the last game you launched from multiMAN and returns you to XMB. Start the game from disc icon or /app_home
- BDROM-RESET - Removes path redirections, removes bd-mirror (restores usb to normal mode) and moves the last game played in bd-mirror mode back to its location.
- openps3ftp.pkg - Open PS3 FTP for transfering your files into your PS3 directly. This is very useful for large files which will not fit onto your portable FAT32 HDD.
- ComgenieAwesomeFilemanager355.pkg - A good file manager for the PS3
I thought, why not? I include a emulator call FBAnext r486 here.
fba-mm-ps3.pkg - Supports Capcom CPS-1 / Capcom CPS-2 / Capcom CPS-3 Cave / Neo Geo / Sega System 16 / Toaplan / Taito / Psikyo 68EC020 Plus Other Misc Great Arcade Systems
Grab it here:
Grab it here: