Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bullguard 9.0 to fix Windows 7 Sharing Homegroup Issue

I had recommended Bullguard to several people around because :

1. It is based on BitDefender engine which is one of the best. I will post in a near future post about a 0 day work/virus which Symantec, Kaspersky has failed and Bitdefender has caught.
2. It works in Windows 7 and the prompts is relatively acceptable. Some solution simply has too much prompt that makes it non-productive. I do not want to spend more time clicking [OK], [Remember this] then reading my email or doing my other things.

Anyway, this post is about an issue that related to Bullguard 8.7. I am using Windows 7 x64 and having issue connecting to shares and Homegroup in Windows 7. This only happens after I have Bullguard installed. As I am already a paying customer, I simple email for support and within 1 hour, I got the following:

BullGuard Support Message

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear BullGuard User,


I am glad that you have chosen BullGuard as a security solution for your computer and that you are interested in keeping your computer safe.

I want to inform you that the conflict between the Windows 7 Homegroup and the BullGuard Firewall is a recent issue and the fix will be released in February, along with the BullGuard 9.0 version. The Upgrade to this version is free of charge.

Please remember our Support Service is available 24/7 at support@bullguard.com and http://www.bullguard.com/support/livechat.aspx , or through the BullGuard 8.x/7.x application > Support section. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require any additional assistance or information.

Thank you for your understanding.


Best regards,


BullGuard Support Team
http://www.bullguard.com/support/
support@bullguard.com


I am sure this sound only like good news. I am certainly looking forward to having Bullguard 9.0 and the issue resolved. Actually sharing is not a live and death thing, I could still share via my Home Server and my Remote Connection, but its just FAST using windows sharing. Thats a fact. Nothing to do with security. Just fast.

1 comment:

Nemesis said...

Bullguard 9.0 can be downloaded now!
http://nemesisv.blogspot.com/2010/02/bullguard-90-released.html

Amazon Gift Cards!

Thanks for viewing!

Copyright © 2008 nemesisv.blogspot.com, All rights reserved.