Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Connection issue with Vodaphone GSM Mobile Broadband

I had this laptop which is full of company issue applications etc. I do not know why, but it just doesn't work with the Vodaphone Tongle properly. The first time I had to install the software and it works. After that, when I plug it in, either the modem cannot be found or something is using the modem. One of the solution for now is to uninstall and reinstall the software everything I plug it in to use, which doesn't make sense.

So, I found another way to solve this issue without the need to uninstall and reinstall. If you had to install the latest firmware and software, do so following my blog previous post. This may already solve your problem in the first place.

http://nemesisv.blogspot.com/2009/10/upgrading-of-mobile-broadband-huawei.html


If that doesn't work, you need to locate this file:
"C:\Program Files\Vodafone\VMCLite\RedetectVodafoneModem.exe"
Of course, this may be in other directories. Basically, you create a shortcut to run this everything you plug in the tongle. It will re-detect the modem and connect.

I hope this helps some of you out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.
Alex
Phone jammers

Amazon Gift Cards!

Thanks for viewing!

Copyright © 2008 nemesisv.blogspot.com, All rights reserved.